Tuba City Unified School District Technology
Monday to Friday – 8AM – 5PM. Call 928-283-1108
Your TCUSD Technical Support Team
Execute Common Tasks With Ease
Help Sheets & Tutorials
How to use G-Drive to send email attachments
A teacher opens their email program to send a 2 mb lesson file to a school Principal. The Principal receives the email, approves it and then forwards it to the webmaster to post on the website. The webmaster may reply back to that email with the attachment buried down within the thread of that email.
- The teachers email with attachment automatically is placed in the “sent” folder once it is sent to the Principal. Which takes up 2mb of space on the email server.
- It arrives in the Principal’s inbox taking up and additional 2mb of space
- The Principal forwards it to the webmaster. This results in the email being placed in the Principal’s “sent” box (another 2mb) and then as it arrives in the webmaster’s inbox, it takes an additional 2mb of space
- The webmaster might reply needing more details and then that reply goes to her “sent” box. This is another 2 mb of space. We are up to 10 mb of space for a 2 mb file.
- Though the emails that are in the inbox get deleted, they are then move to the “deleted” box. The “sent” box remains the same and now the deleted box contains 2 mb for every “inbox” message that was deleted.
- TCUSD also has a “journalling” archive server that archives every piece of mail that passes in and out of TCUSD since we are dealing with student data. This doubles the amount of mb listed above.
As you can see, a small 2mb file can take up over 20mb of email server space. Most files passed are much larger that 2mb. The webmaster prefers images at full sized and they can be over 300mb. Some lesson files using powerpoint can be comparable in size. It’s easy to understand the compounding effect and that the email server can crash.
Learn how to retrieve your VNC number for TCUSD Tech Support to remote into your desktop computer/laptop
Click on the UP icon next to the date and time in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Scroll/Hover (DO NOT CLICK) you mouse cursor over the white “V” icon and write down the 10.00.00.00 numbers that appear. This is your VNC number.
Google + iPad
Log into iPad with your new Google Account
- Once connected to the internet, click “NEXT” in the top corner of the screen.
- Enter your NEW USER Account username and then click “next”.
Log in criteria – (students first initial & last initial + birth month + birth email@example.com.
EX. Derek Ben born on September 9th would be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Google account password, then click “Sign In”
Student log in password: Warriors2020
- On the next page, click on “Enroll This Device”.
- Once logged in, click on the Books App and open the Library for Help Sheets and steps to change & update your Google Log In Password.
PowerTest Login Help
Student Login Help
Single sign-on (SSO) for students using assigned @tcwarriors.net username and
To log in, follow these steps:
1. Access the online testing system using the Performance Matters Link located in the
“Testing Apps” group on the home page of the student iPad.
2. Click “Login to Online Testing” to access your school’s student Google sign-in
3. Enter your student email@example.com username and password.
4. The welcome screen appears listing the tests (or test sections) you can take.
How to Join Zoom Meeting
1. Tap on the Zoom App
2. Tap on “Join a Meeting”
3. Enter your Zoom meeting ID number and enter your full name. Then click on JOIN. (Meeting ID number is sent by teacher or posted on TCUSD.org website.
4. Enter your meeting passcode. (Meeting passcode will be sent by teacher or posted on TCUSD.org website)
5. Tap OK to allow Zoom access to your camera and internet audio. Then tap “JOIN WITH VIDEO”
#1 Power on both devices.
#2 On the Mifi, go to MiFi Name/Password
#3 WiFi name will be here, along with password
#4 On the iPad, go to settings
#5 In settings, go to WiFi, Select name of MiFi from #3
#6 Type in password shown on Mifi
#7 All student issued iPads are preprogramed
with the Passwords.
#8 After first connection, the MiFi and iPads will
automatically connect when powered ON.
- From your login to PowerTeacher > Select the BACKPACK for class
- Select a STUDENT from list to left side for the class
- Right side SELECT SCREEN appears > Select DEMOGRAPHICS or any other screen to view. Demographic has contact information, student daily schedule, GPA, Quick Lookup, etc.
Tuba City Unified School District Alerts
This notice area is intended to keep families up-to-date with school closures or events that affect your students attendance. Please check here regularly for updates.
One Call Now is a service provided by TCUSD to quickly contact families to share information about topics such as emergencies and reminders of upcoming events. All messages found here have already been sent to your cell phone if you are set up to receive One Call Now messages. If you are not set up to receive messages, please contact your child’s school for information. To listen to the messages on this web page, click the green speaker icon (if one is available). A .wav file will be downloaded which will play in your default media player