Student / Parent Necessities
this week at NAA
Hello NAA Students, Parent/Guardians and Families:
The team at Nizhoni Accelerated Academy would like to welcome you all back for the 2020-2021 school year. As you are all aware, last spring we were all heavily impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and we continue to deal with the virus today. Never have we had to close our school down to students due to a deadly virus, but we continue to work endlessly to provide educational opportunities for our students. Due to the tremendous impact of COVID-19, our brick and mortar schools will not be opening to students and parents on our first day of school. Distance learning will begin Monday, August 17, 2020 and will continue for the first 9 weeks of the school year. NAA students will continue to be provided instruction through our online curriculum, Edgenuity, and through the use of the online learning management system, Schoology, for non-Edgenuity courses.
As the pandemic has shifted our typical structure and focus, we want our students to know that we continue to hold them to the highest expectations and accountability for their learning. Here we share our expectations of our NAA students as distance learners:
- Complete at least 6 hours a day of instruction to stay on track
- Complete Edgenuity courses by the end of the quarter (October 22, 2020) to earn credit
- Seek guidance and support from teachers/counselor as needed
- Maintain consistent open communication with NAA staff (register for Class Tag)
- Complete honest and authentic work while working from home
- Demonstrate active engagement in Edgenuity lessons by writing down notes (required)
- Complete Lesson Completion Form by recording lessons and quiz grades for each course
Keep in mind that teachers and staff are still learning and getting used to new ways of providing instruction and communication through distance learning. Our Tuba City Unified School District is in the process of attaining IPads for each student, which will be distributed when prepared for student use. Our district is also in the process of finalizing Schoology. Once these tools become available we will then inform students about next steps for utilization and application of these tools. The first day of school will begin with students working on Edgenuity.
We look forward to a new school year with you and your family!