Ms. M. Goatcher’s Lessons
May 11 - 15
Intro to ECE (10th Grade)
Please write an essay that includes all the concepts and ideas you learned this semester in your Intro to ECE class. You may recall all your observations at the TCHS Child Development lab and new concepts learned during classroom instruction. Ideas may include for example: children learn similar tasks at their own pace like writing their name or recognizing their letters. Do the best you can and if you have any questions you can email me anytime. Please stay safe!????
11th & 12th Grades
Discipline and Guidance in the early years has a direct influence in Socio-Emotional Development. Using Internet Resources and Guidance techniques observed at the TCHS Child Development Center, write an essay that includes at least ten positive discipline techniques. Example: When children are running around it is best to say “Use your Walking Feet”. This intervention will promote safety in an ECE classroom and prevent discipline problems. Do the best you can with resources available. If you have questions you can email me anytime. Thank you and stay safe!
April 27-May 1 (Intro to ECE)
Intro to ECE
- List and explain at least five main objectives/goals of a preschool program.
- Describe five toys/educational equipment that promote large/gross motor skills in young children.
- List and describe five toys/educational equipment that promote emotional development.
- List and describe five toys or educational equipment that promote intellectual, mental, cognitive development in young children.
- What learning centers should be placed in the quiet, dry area of the classroom?
- List a few learning centers to be placed in the wet, active area of the classroom.
- What educational equipment/toys would you place in the math activity center?
- What is the location and purpose of an isolation room in a preschool center?
Guiding Children’s Safety (11th & 12th Grades)
- Based on your observations at the preschool classroom and Internet Resources list and explain at least five examples of basic safety rules to implement in daily activities.
- Based on Arizona Department of Health Services Rules and Regulations Manual for Child Care Centers, available on line, describe and explain five safety standards, Example: Fire evacuation plan is posted in the classroom.
- Why is constant supervision necessary in a preschool classroom?
- Describe some of the objectives for educational field trips?
- According to Arizona Department of Health Services Rules and Regulations for Child Care Centers, available on line, list and describe five fire department rules, Example: Protective receptacles covers are placed on all electrical outlets.
- According to Arizona Department of Health Services explain five standards that apply to serving daily meals to young children.
ECE Assignments 11th and 12th grade, 1st period
INSTRUCTIONS: Please answer the following questions using Internet resources and/or based on your preschool lab experiences.
1. Describe how socio-dramatic play promotes physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
2. Describe how you would help children understand and talk about their feelings and emotions.
3. Describe and explain several multicultural toys you feel should be provided in a child care center. Explain why you would provide these.
4. Describe at least five examples of safety rules observed at the preschool lab.