Tuba City Elementary School
TCES Students prepare for success by goal setting
Dear TCES Parents and Families:
Greetings! We have an extra credit opportunity to set some goals for 2021! I know some of the spaces to write are too small so feel free to fill out on another sheet of paper or on the back.
The goals can be set as a family or students can set individually. Here is an example:
- Goal 1: As a family, we want to read together 30 minutes a day, spending some of the time reading by ourselves, reading together or taking turns reading.
- Goal 1 Action Plan: Here are the actions we are going to take as a family to reach our goal:
- Set up a schedule that after dinner each evening, we will read for 30 minutes after we do dishes.
- Leave a note on the refrigerator to remind us to read after dinner before screen time.
- When we read for five nights in a row, celebrate by taking some time out the next weekend to go outside for a walk or play a game we enjoy.
I hope the example helps develop your own goals as a family. When you are finished, you can submit the goals worksheet through Schoology or send to my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text me a picture of the completed goals (928.606.8240). You will receive ELA extra credit and we will post your goals to the TCES Website!
Happy New Year and all the best in 2021!
Dr. Justin Roberson
Lyla has a positive attitude towards hard work and practice.
Bryce Des Rosiers
Reading and study will help Bryce to reach the stars.
Adrienne recognizes that patience is needed to reach goals.
Logan will try his best to be prepared for classes and be attentive.
Kallowei knows that hard work and preparedness brings success.
Reading and getting to class on time helps Kate be successful in her goals.