Tuba City Elementary Science Program
Welcome to Science/Lab Class
This class helps your child prepare for the Navajo Nation Science Fair, our TCES Science Fair and the Arizona Science Fair. This class also prepares 4th Graders for the AIMS Science Assessment. Students will learn about the Earth, Life and Physical Sciences. Kindergarten will know and explore their world through their five senses.
State Education Science Standards Integrated and Articulated by Grade Level
- Scope and Sequence aligned with Beyond Textbooks by Grade Level
- Aligned and integrated by State Standards by Grade level
Computer Lab Schedule
- 8:15-8:55 → Adv. Math 1st/2nd Grade
- 9:00-9:40 → Kindergarten
- 9:40-10:20 → First Grade
- 10:45-11:25 → Second Grade
- 12:50-1:30 → Third Grade
- 1:30-2:10 → Fourth Grade
- 2:10-2:50 → Fifth Grade
Criteria For Grading
Pass or Fail per grading quarter
- Technology Lessons articulated by Arizona state standards
- BT and classroom Activities online
- Study Island Reading, mathematics, and Science online at home or school.
Lab Mind Set Rules
- Love a new challenge
- Give your best effort
- Learn from mistakes & move forward
- Stay on target with a positive mindset!
Reminder: Attendance is important, especially during benchmark, ELL and AZMerit testing or measurement dates.
Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid. Human beings are incrdibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant. Together they are powerful beyond imagination.Albert Einstein
Your child’s behavior in all classes will be reflected in DOJO. Accept the invite from your child’s homeroom teacher.
DON’T FORGET STUDY ISLAND AT HOME!
CHECK YOUR PARENT PORTAL!