CC917 Mechanic 1 (Transportation)
Tuba City Unified School District Tuba City AZ.
Summary: To maintain the district vehicles in safe and operative condition
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain good rapport with employees, community members and vendors
- Perform moderately complex repairs on diesel and gasoline vehicles
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance
- Identify and indicate the need for parts for repair
- Clean and maintain all tools and testing equipment
- Road and ground tests on all repaired equipment
- Maintain an high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
- Maintain accurate records as needed on work performed on all district vehicles
- Knowledge of and adheres to all District, State and Federal policies, regulations and rules
- Perform other responsibilities as may be assigned
- Perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Automotive or Diesel Degree from college/vocational program
- Obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona Commercial Drivers License with S and P Endorsement
- Two (2) years of recent school bus, automotive or diesel work experience required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency using transportation software is required
- Ability to read and interpret general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals
- Ability to write general correspondence and speak effectively with others
- Ability to work independantly
- Ability to learn the use of automotive testing equipment and technical manuals
- Ability to meet time schedules, be punctual and reliable
- Knowledge of and aheres to all polies, regulations and procedures
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to interpret an assortment of instructions furnished in variable forms
- Ability to apply reason to research and solve moderately complex issues with little or no assistance
- Demonstrated ability to operate maintenance tools and equipment
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee occasionally will stand and walk and is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Employee will frequently interact with the public and other staff members. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 ibs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties many be assigned.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.