CC908 Special Education Teacher
This position has been filled (051920)
Tuba City Jr. High.Tuba City AZ.
- As set forth by State certification authorities
REPORTS TO: Special Education Director and Building Principal TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months
To lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth and maturation.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the location and at the times designated.
- Develops and maintains a classroom environment conductive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation. Lesson plans are turned in to the building principal weekly at the requested time.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the District’s philosophy of education, and instructional goals and objectives based on the Individual Education Plan.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and Board policy.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings and all staffing and meetings requested by the Special Education office.
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for cocurricular activities as assigned, and a share of responsibility for the improvement of activities within the administrative structure.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relations with others.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Share insights and ideas for improvement of existing structures with appropriate personnel.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.