Interim HR Director
PH: (928) 283-1005
FX: (928) 283-1224
HR Administrative Assistant
PH: (928) 283-1009
FX: (928) 283-1202
CC865 Spanish Teacher
Tuba City High School Tuba City AZ.
Your Bachelor of Science or Arts degree and valid Arizona teaching certificate will qualify you to become an effective and responsible educator of TCUSD #15 students. You will report to the Principal or designee for a period of 9 months. Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
- Pursue professional study in the teaching field; keep abreast of conditions and progress.
- Work for continuous improvement of instruction in his/her classes.
- Maintain a systematic plan for organization and presentation of daily teaching assignments. a) Lesson plans and outlines are necessary to assure full use of available materials, both from text and supplementary sources. b) Lesson plans must be available at all times for use by substitutes and for reference by other teachers, department heads and administrators. c) Assure student utilization of prescribed textbooks.
- Work with department heads and administration in organizing and improving courses of study and curriculum.
- Keep complete and accurate records of student grades and attendance. a) Roll book must be according to the specified form since it is subject to audit for ADM and is the final check for pupil grades and attendance. These permanent record books will be checked periodically by administrators. b) Seating charts in all classes and special duty assignments must be kept in class book for use by substitutes.
- Give prompt careful attention to routine classroom matters. a) Health of students. b) Care of furniture. c) Absence slips and attendance matters. d) Lighting and ventilation. e) Reports as required. f) Individual differences of pupils.
- Discipline: classroom control is one of the prime factors of teaching, and the teacher is responsible for maintaining a condition in the classroom to promote the learning situation.
- Counsel students and contact the home when necessary.
- Help supervise the conduct and welfare of all students on the school premises or at school functions.
- Care for and help protect school property.
- Help stimulate and support student activities.
- Work through proper channels.
- Keep assigned students under direct supervision.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.