CC833 Maintenance Worker
This position is filled (091720)
Tuba City Unified School District.Tuba City AZ.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine and emergency repairs to District equipment and facilities. General areas of craftsmanship expertise include, but are not limited to: carpentry and construction, masonry, electrical, plumbing, and/or vehicle maintenance. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform identified maintenance and repair work in the following areas according to field of expertise: carpentry, construction, masonry, electrical, and plumbing.
- Identify maintenance needs and provide estimate of materials required to complete
- Performs preventive maintenance as assigned on all district facilities
- Report to supervisor any repairs needed or equipment replacement required
- Demonstrate responsibility for the safety of others, for materials, and for equipment
- Attend additional skill training as required
- Adhere to all safety and code requirements of National, State, local and Board of Education guidelines
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum of one year of training and/or experience in more than one of the following areas: carpentry/construction, masonry, electrical, plumbing.
Preferred: College degree, trade school or Journeyman certification in more than one of the above areas.
Ability to read write and speak fluently in English. Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of carpentry/construction, electrical, masonry, plumbing and/or vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to safely operate power tools, hand tools, test meters and other equipment.
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take steps to prevent hazards.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to follow directions and adhere to timelines.
- Produce accurate work and complete assigned tasks independently, with minimal supervision.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, operate power tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and sit, and is required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee will occasionally be required to climb ladders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten pounds, and regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will frequently work outdoors and may be exposed to extreme heat, rain, dust, or adverse weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may occasionally become loud.
The duties and responsibilities identified in this position description are illustrative only and are in no way intended to be a complete list of activities that may be required of an incumbent.
How To Apply:
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.