CC775 Technology Support Specialist
Tuba City Unified School District Tuba City AZ.
- High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Three years in technical support environment.
- Hardware/Software installation, repair, and diagnostic.
- Knowledge of WAN/LAN terms and topologies.
- Knowledge of TCUSD District operations.
- Familiarity with TCUSD Technology Plan.
- Understand carry out oral and written instructions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
REPORTS TO: Technology Director TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
Under the supervision of the Director of Technology. Employee will help director in the areas of technical support, hardware/software purchase, installation, and maintenance, and other duties as assigned.
- Receive problems calls and determine appropriate action.
- Design and implement support systems and learning networks for the benefit of K-12 teaching staff for the purpose of providing capacity and increasing usage.
- Support the LAN administrators at school sites.
- Design and coordinate a system of technical assistance to all schools.
- Provide minor troubleshooting service for both hardware and network issues.
- Act as technology liaison between TCUSD and other districts.
- Assists students and staff in locating software.
- Maintains accurate files and inventories of computer software.
- Assists in maintaining the computer equipment in a neat and clean environment.
- Maintains an excellent knowledge of Windows 95 and 98 and the Microsoft Office Suite with ability to support client/server applications currently running in the windows/Mac environment.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.