This position has been filled (012221)
Tuba City High School .Tuba City AZ.
Term of Employment:
Non-Exempt, 11-month, 40 hours per week
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Keep facility clean and well maintained. Provide assistance to visitors. Assist with setup and removal of equipment. Ensure building is secure. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain assigned buildings, grounds, playgrounds (if applicable), sidewalks and driveways efficiently.
- Perform ROutine and non-routine duties associated with daily cleaning and maintenance of buildings. Routine duties include, but are not limited to: Dust mopping, sweeping, wet mopping, vacuuming, dusting, waxing, cleaning restrooms, removing trash, polishing furniture, policing building and grounds for trash. Non-routine cleaning and maintenance includes, but is not limited to: Stripping and refinishing floors, operating floor scrubbing machines, window washing, moving furniture and other related work.
- Set up cafeteria tables for breakfast and lunch daily. Put away tables after use.
- Conduct simple inventory of cleaning supplies and products, restocking as needed.
- Assist guests utilizing the facilities with directions, obtaining and setting up needed equipment.
- Perform safety measures and maintain building security, including closing windows and locking doors.
- Demonstrate concern for facility maintenance and conservation. Perform minor building maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, heater and cooler maintenance etc.
- Report safety hazards and the need for major or minor repairs to facility or equipment, complete work orders as required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Required: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Ability to operate, maintain and clean custodial equipment. Ability to understand and follow MSDS (material safety data sheets)
Preferred: One year of previous custodial experience.
Ability to read and write English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to solve practical problems and address a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, materials and equipment
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment such as buffers, power tools, blowers
- Ability to perform manual tasks requiring moderate physical strength
- Ability to maintain friendly working relationships with parents, students, staff and the general public
- Ability to recognize potential problems and take steps to prevent hazards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, bend and sit and is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. THe employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, ammonia, bleach and sprays.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How To Apply:
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to email@example.com and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.