CC740 School Nurse
Tuba City Elementary School.Tuba City AZ.
To assist providing the fullest possible educational opportunity for each district student by minimizing absences due to illness and creating a climate of health and well-being in district schools
- Valid state license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Certificated as public school nurse, or any other certificate required by state.
- At least two years experience in public health nursing, preferably in a school district.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Term of Employment:
- Assist school health committee and administrators in developing school health program.
- Participates in work of health curriculum committee.
- Conducts school programs of immunization, physical examination, sight and hearing tests as directed by chief medical officer.
- Observes students on a regular basis to detect health needs.
- Instructs teachers on screening students for health defects.
- Maintains up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Reports to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on student health matters, as directed by chief medical officer.
- Visits student homes when necessary.
- Assumes authority, in the absence of a physician, for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or emergency illness.
- Administers first aid in accordance with established first aid procedures.
- Makes recommendations to chief medical officer on health needs of individual students.
- Implements policy on exclusion and readmission of students in connection with infectious and contagious diseases.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Assists school personnel in maintaining sanitary standards in schools.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policies on Evaluation of Professional Personnel
How To Apply:
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.