CC740 Certified Medical Assistant
Tuba City Elementary School
To assist in providing health services to students and staff in accordance with District policy under the direction and supervision of a Licensed Practice Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- Successful completion of or equivalent combination of education and experience leading to the passage of the medical assistant examination administered by the American Association of Medical Assistants or the American Medical Technologist.
- At least 6 months experience within the last 2 years as a Certified Medical Assistant.
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Provider training verification.
- Preferred – Advance Life Support training participation certification within the last 2 years.
- Preferred – Bilingual in Navajo/Hopi and English.
- Possess a valid Arizona Driver’s licence.
Reports to: Principal and the designated school nurse.
Term of Employment: 9 or 10 months; 8AM – 4:30pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch.
- Perform various front office functions such as filing, organizing, and maintaining student health records, answering phones and other general office duties. Administer first aid.
- Take medical histories and record vital signs.
- Assist with vision and hearing screening.
- Communicate observations and concerns regarding a student’s condition to supervisor.
- Prepare students for examination by a Physician or School Nurse.
- Assist the physician and school nurse during the examination.
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Instruct patients about medication and special diets.
- Explain treatment procedures to student patients and parents.
- Prepare and administer medications under the supervision and direction of the school nurse.
- Requisition and maintain School Nurse;s supplies and equipment.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical instruments.
- Keep office, waiting, and examination rooms neat and clean.
- Maintain a positive and supportive environment.
- Carry out recurring assignments but secure authorization for deviations that are technically within the scope of work for a certified medical assistant.
- Participate in in-service training.
- May perform the following after completion of competency based orientation: Venous puncture for drawing blood; Glucose test; Application of soft orthopedic devices; utilize small volume nebulizer treatment; and removal of sutures and change dressings.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policies on Evaluation of Classified/Support Personnel.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.