CC632 Navajo Language Teacher
This position has been filled (111519)
Tuba City JR High School Tuba City AZ.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- AA Degree or 60 semester hours, work towards Bachelor degree.
- Must pass background check and a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card issued through Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Must be literate in the Native American and English languages. Successfully demonstrate the proper use of both the Native American and English languages.
- Must have passed Native American Language Proficiency test.
- Must acquire Native American Language Teaching Certificate through Arizona Department of Education and continue college coursework in the field of education towards a degree.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Director of Native American Studies and Building Principal
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months per school calendar year
JOB GOAL: To develop a child holistically through language and culture using the Empowering Values of the Native American and the personal foundations of learning..
These comprehensive duties have been designed as the paraprofessional areas of teaching in our school district. The Native American Language Teacher will perform these duties under the direct supervision of the Director of Native American Studies and Building Principals.
- Organize and teach lessons in Native American Language development and Culture across the curriculum.
- Develop instructional materials used in the classroom for language and culture.
- Evaluate student progress and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Test students for Native American Language dominance.
- Participate in appropriate training set up by the school district, including but not limited to language acquisition workshops.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.