CC529 Gifted Teacher/Coordinator K-12
Tuba City Unified School District.Tuba City AZ.
- Master’s degree in Elementary Education, Gifted Education or related areas
- Standard Elementary Certificate
- Gifted Endorsement by the State of Arizona
- At least 9 semester hours in a core area of non-education courses in math, science or social sciences
- 5 years experience in a gifted classroom or internship
REPORTS TO: Building Principal and Curriculum Director
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 9 months
JOB GOAL: To provide the most appropriate and unique education for gifted students allowing each to reach his or her fullest potential while reaching self acceptance and high self esteem.
- Coordinates testing and evaluation of students in the Gifted and Talented Program.
- Teaches students identified as gifted in grades K-6. Develops cognitive abilities and fosters creativity and productivity among students. Provides all students with unique and appropriate studies and activities. Guides the student in developing a set of independent projects and aids them in research and product design.
- Evaluates student progress in all areas and makes recommendations to the regular classroom teacher as to the most appropriate program for the student.
- Coordinates K-12 program for gifted and talented programs and acts as a liaison between the various programs.
- Serves as a spokesperson and advocate for the gifted child and gifted education.
- Serves as a resource person and consultant in the area of gifted education.
- Provides in-service training or information in the identification of gifted children to all classroom teachers and in appropriate and unique instructional program for the gifted/accelerated classroom teachers.
- Works with parents of identified gifted children in development of the child’s education plan.
- Works with administrators to plan for improvements in the gifted education programs.
- Recommends psychological testing or counseling for gifted/talented students as needed.
- Develops a pool of mentors and community resources to assist with the education of gifted students.
- Complete Arizona State reporting requirements.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.