CC425 Librarian/Literacy Teacher
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED (091219)
Tuba City JR High School. Tuba City, AZ.
- As set by State certification authorities
Reports to: Principal
Term of Employment: 9 months
To provide all students with an enriched library environment containing a wide variety and range of materials that will invite intellectual growth, and to aide all students in acquiring the skills needed to take full advantage of library resources.
- Serves as an information resource person for the school; assists library patrons in finding needed information; inform patrons of the current collection and new materials received in the library and media center.
- Motivates patrons to use the library. Helps students acquire an interest in reading. Maintains a library/media center which presents a calm, attractive and inviting environment.
- Instructs library patrons in library/media/information skills. Conducts in-service education with the school staff and, as needed, with the community. Conducts library classes for the entire student body, planning instruction appropriate for all ages/grade levels.
- Submit budget proposals for the library/media center to the administration.
- Selects and orders books and audio/visual materials for the library/media center, basing selections upon the school philosophy, program, objectives, and personnel needs.
- Maintains up-to-date collection by discarding, mending, and replacing books/audio-visual materials. Considers curriculum changes in selecting and replacing books/audio-visual materials.
- Recommends supplemental instructional materials to the school staff.
- Performs all necessary technical services to prepare books, periodicals and audio-visual materials for use by patrons.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy on Evaluation of Certified Personnel.
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.