CC108 Instructional Assistant
Dzil Libei Elementary School
- Associate’s (or higher) degree or completion of two years (60 semester credit hours) of study at an institution of higher education OR the successful completion of an Arizona Department of Education approved Academic Assessment Test.
- CPR/First Aid certification within three months of hire
- Required to pass a background and fingerprint check.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement learning activities planned by certified staff such as diapering or toileting of students and tube feeding or other modes of feeding students if required.
- Observe and record student behavior and assist instructional staff in behavioral management.
- Tutor individuals and work with small groups of students.
- Adapt educational curriculum.
- Supervise students in regularly scheduled activities and special events.
- Assist in preparation of materials
- Reinforce basic mobility skills.
- Attend meetings to discuss problems, methods, and assignments.
- Perform such other tasks and assume such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the supervisor.
Reports To: Special Education Director and Building Principal
Performance of this job will be evaluated as per the provisions of the Governing Board Policy. Building principal or designee will conduct evaluations with input from the Special Education Director/Supervisor
The completed and signed Employment Application and all required documents must be submitted to the Human Resource Office by the close of business (5:00 PM) on or before the closing date specified on the Vacancy Announcement. All applications submitted by following methods must be signed to be acceptable. Unsigned applications will be deemed incomplete and will not be accepted. Submitting a signed application to replace the unsigned application at a later date is also not acceptable.
Employment applications can be delivered to the TCUSD Human Resource office by one of the following methods:
- Hand delivered to TCUSD Human Resource, 67 Maple Street, TCUSD District Office Tuba City, AZ 86045.
- Mailed via postal service and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date. Mail to: TCUSD Resource Box 67, Tuba City AZ 86045
- Faxed to HR (928) 283-1202 and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.
- Email to HR Director or Administrative Assistant and must be received by HR at close of business on or before closing date.